Car Rental at Tunis Airport
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Hyundai i10 or similar
$37.31 per day
Fiat Punto or similar
$41.71 per day
Renault Elegance or similar
$53.73 per day
Skoda Scala or similar
$62.25 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Honda Accord or similar
$104.57 / per day
Volkswagen Passat or similar
$113.49 / per day
Renault Trafic or similar
$118.25 / per day
Kia Sorento or similar
$141.35 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 23:02 on 2023-03-17. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car rental price
$84.08 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
Speed limit out of town
Average gasoline price
$0.73 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
$0.81 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
$0.64 / 1 liter
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Tunisia, Tunis is a city of contrasts. A large port, a metropolis home to millions, and one of the most modern cities in the Arab world, it is also a place of fabled ancient history and countless traditions. The eclectic mix makes it one of the most fascinating places to explore on either side of the Mediterranean. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Bardo Museum. Very large and equally ambitious, Bardo is the museum to visit in Tunisia (in the North African region, it is said to have the second-richest collection after the new Cairo Museum in Egypt). Bardo Museum boasts one of the largest Roman mosaic collections in the world, and also covers Phoenician, Ottoman, and other chapters of Tunisian history.
- Medina. The well-preserved and still very lively old town of Tunis is the place that usually leaves the biggest impression on foreign visitors. The mosques and Islamic places of learning are only open to Muslims, but anyone can explore the mazy labyrinths, haggle with traders, admire the work of artisans, or visit the Dar Ben Abdallah Folk Museum.
- Carthage. Once the main competitor of Rome, Carthage was one of the most important states of the ancient world. Located on the coast just a 20-minute drive from central Tunis, the ruins of this impressive city remain one of the main tourist attractions in Tunisia. Many other attractions from the same era also remain in and around Tunis, not least the impressive Uthina amphitheater.
Top international routes
Tunisair, Nouvelair, Tunisair Express, Libyan Airlines, Alitalia, and Transavia France
There are two terminals, 1 and 2, with a shuttle bus running between them every ten minutes.
Tunis Airport is located about 6 km (3.7 miles) from the city center. Boulevard du Leader Yasser Arafat, Motorway N9, Autoroute A1, and Avenue Cyrus Legrand are the main roads connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $47 per day
- Large cars - from $92 per day
- Medium cars - from $76 per day
- Premium cars - from $128 per day
- Small cars - from $48 per day
Car rental desks
Many companies have their desks in the arrivals hall.
Services and facilities
You’ll find shops and duty-free stores, snack bars and cafeterias, some of which serve local Tunisian cuisine, ATMs, 24/7 currency exchanges, and a lost and found office. There is no luggage storage service. Many of the airport’s facilities are friendly to users with reduced mobility. Travelers in need of special assistance should contact their airline beforehand.
Nearest gas station
Total, located at 15 Avenue Kheireddine Pacha, can be reached in about ten minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations in the city of Tunis.
Popular one-way rentals
- Monastir (174 km / 108 mi). Inhabited for more than 2,000 years, the city of Monastir is home to fascinating history. Some of the sites honoring it include the Islamic Art Museum, Ribat fortress and monastery, Museum of Folk Arts and Traditions, and the old city port.
- Djerba (584 km / 363 mi). A large island in the Mediterranean Sea that’s just off the coast of Tunisia, Djerba is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in North Africa. Other attractions of the island include an old synagogue, fun markets, and the Star Wars shooting scene.
- Sousse (154 km / 96 mi). Another really old city, Sousse is most famous for its well-preserved medina or old town. Other attractions of Sousse include really popular beaches, an impressive mosque, and Sousse Archaeological Museum.
- Hammamet (72 km / 45 mi). The coastal town of Hammamet doesn’t have the same amount of ancient history as some other Tunisian cities, but it more than makes up for it by being one of the region’s best water sports hubs.
Tunis Carthage Airport (TUN)
- IATA: TUN
- ICAO: DTTA
- Name: Tunis Carthage Airport (TUN)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 5,146,000
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km NE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 2 Locations near Tunis Airport
Car Rental at Monastir Airport from $34.02 per day127.3 km / 79.1 miles away
Car Rental at Djerba Airport from $34.02 per day330.3 km / 205.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Tunis Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Tunis Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Tunis Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Tunis Airport is April when prices for an Economy class start from $29.46. You can see that this is 25% cheaper than the yearly average and 54% cheaper than renting a car in July (when rental prices start at $64.09 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are just average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent rental length at Tunis Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in July the average rental period is 14 days, while in January, the average rental period is only 7 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Tunis Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Tunis Airport in October, while they are least likely to to rent in in April.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SGF Tunisia, Keddy, Avis, Europcar, Hertz|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Large cars, Medium cars, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||$37 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|Keddy||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Dacia Logan STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo Sedan||4||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Skoda Scala||5||2||Medium cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Symbol||4||1||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.
January 12, 2023
nice trip but be careful on driving
January 3, 2023
There was no issue in the car, which made our trip peacefull without trouble or worry. Thanks :)
December 29, 2022
Spoke to locals, tasted food, visited sights.
November 5, 2022
Very smooth and cooperative staff
October 20, 2022
Tunisia was a good experience. Will probably go back.
October 12, 2022
Tunisia is great
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
8.98 / 10
Lowest rated company
7.36 / 10
Total number of reviews
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 6 Suppliers at Tunis Airport in 2023
Hall Aéroport Tunis, En Face De L’Ontt, 2025, Tunis
$105 - $105
CARTHAGE AIRPORT TUNIS, 1080, Tunisia
$55 - $81
AEROPORT TUNIS CARTHAGE
$38 - $62
Tunis Carthage Airport
$49 - $141
$42 - $52
AEROPORT TUNIS CARTHAGE
$37 - $128
Book and manage your booking on the go