Car Rental at Tunis Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Tunisia, Tunis is a city of contrasts. A large port, a metropolis home to millions, and one of the most modern cities in the Arab world, it is also a place of fabled ancient history and countless traditions. The eclectic mix makes it one of the most fascinating places to explore on either side of the Mediterranean. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Bardo Museum. Very large and equally ambitious, Bardo is the museum to visit in Tunisia (in the North African region, it is said to have the second-richest collection after the new Cairo Museum in Egypt). Bardo Museum boasts one of the largest Roman mosaic collections in the world, and also covers Phoenician, Ottoman, and other chapters of Tunisian history.
- Medina. The well-preserved and still very lively old town of Tunis is the place that usually leaves the biggest impression on foreign visitors. The mosques and Islamic places of learning are only open to Muslims, but anyone can explore the mazy labyrinths, haggle with traders, admire the work of artisans, or visit the Dar Ben Abdallah Folk Museum.
- Carthage. Once the main competitor of Rome, Carthage was one of the most important states of the ancient world. Located on the coast just a 20-minute drive from central Tunis, the ruins of this impressive city remain one of the main tourist attractions in Tunisia. Many other attractions from the same era also remain in and around Tunis, not least the impressive Uthina amphitheater.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $118 per day
- Large cars - from $92 per day
- Medium cars - from $132 per day
- Premium cars - from $269 per day
- Small cars - from $51 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Monastir (174 km / 108 mi). Inhabited for more than 2,000 years, the city of Monastir is home to fascinating history. Some of the sites honoring it include the Islamic Art Museum, Ribat fortress and monastery, Museum of Folk Arts and Traditions, and the old city port.
- Djerba (584 km / 363 mi). A large island in the Mediterranean Sea that’s just off the coast of Tunisia, Djerba is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in North Africa. Other attractions of the island include an old synagogue, fun markets, and the Star Wars shooting scene.
- Sousse (154 km / 96 mi). Another really old city, Sousse is most famous for its well-preserved medina or old town. Other attractions of Sousse include really popular beaches, an impressive mosque, and Sousse Archaeological Museum.
- Hammamet (72 km / 45 mi). The coastal town of Hammamet doesn’t have the same amount of ancient history as some other Tunisian cities, but it more than makes up for it by being one of the region’s best water sports hubs.
Tunis Carthage Airport (TUN)
- IATA: TUN
- ICAO: DTTA
- Name: Tunis Carthage Airport (TUN)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 5,146,000
- Distance from City: 5 miles / 8 km NE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Tunis Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Tunis Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Tunis Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Hyundai I10||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||VW Polo Sedan||4||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Avis||Renault Elegance||4||2||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Symbol||4||1||Medium cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|Avis||Hyundai Grand i10||4||1||Small cars|