Car Rental at Tunis Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Tunisia, Tunis is a city of contrasts. A large port, a metropolis home to millions, and one of the most modern cities in the Arab world, it is also a place of fabled ancient history and countless traditions. The eclectic mix makes it one of the most fascinating places to explore on either side of the Mediterranean. These are four of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Bardo Museum. Very large and equally ambitious, Bardo is the museum to visit in Tunisia (in the North African region, it is said to have the second-richest collection after the new Cairo Museum in Egypt). Bardo Museum boasts one of the largest Roman mosaic collections in the world, and also covers Phoenician, Ottoman, and other chapters of Tunisian history.
- Medina. The well-preserved and still very lively old town of Tunis is the place that usually leaves the biggest impression on foreign visitors. The mosques and Islamic places of learning are only open to Muslims, but anyone can explore the mazy labyrinths, haggle with traders, admire the work of artisans, or visit the Dar Ben Abdallah Folk Museum.
- Zitouna Mosque. The Zitouna Mosque, also known as the Great Mosque of Tunis, is one of the oldest and most important mosques in Tunisia, dating back to the 8th century. It stands as an architectural and religious symbol, known for its stunning blend of Islamic and Andalusian architectural styles, and serves as a place of worship, study, and cultural heritage in the heart of Tunis.
- Carthage. Once the main competitor of Rome, Carthage was one of the most important states of the ancient world. Located on the coast just a 20-minute drive from central Tunis, the ruins of this impressive city remain one of the main tourist attractions in Tunisia. Many other attractions from the same era also remain in and around Tunis, not least the impressive Uthina amphitheater.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $69 per day
- Large cars - from $28 per day
- Medium cars - from $28 per day
- Vans - from $109 per day
- Premium cars - from $136 per day
- Small cars - from $26 per day
- SUVs - from $69 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Monastir (174 km / 108 mi). Inhabited for more than 2,000 years, the city of Monastir is home to a fascinating history. Some of the sites honoring it include the Islamic Art Museum, Ribat fortress and monastery, Museum of Folk Arts and Traditions, and the old city port.
- Djerba (521 km / 324 mi). A large island in the Mediterranean Sea that’s just off the coast of Tunisia, Djerba is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in North Africa. Other attractions of the island include an old synagogue, fun markets, and the Star Wars shooting scene.
- Sousse (154 km / 96 mi). Another really old city, Sousse is most famous for its well-preserved medina or old town. Other attractions of Sousse include really popular beaches, an impressive mosque, and Sousse Archaeological Museum.
- Hammamet (72 km / 45 mi). The coastal town of Hammamet doesn’t have the same amount of ancient history as some other Tunisian cities, but it more than makes up for it by being one of the region’s best water sports hubs.
- IATA: TUN
- ICAO: DTTA
- Name: Tunis Carthage Airport (TUN)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Tunis Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Tunis Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Tunis Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SGF Tunisia, OTOQ, Hertz, Europcar, Keddy|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Large cars, Medium cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$26 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||SGF Tunisia|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Citroën C Elysee||4||3||Large cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Toyota Aygo||4||2||Small cars|
|OTOQ||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Hertz||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|SGF Tunisia||Nissan Micra||5||2||Small cars|
|OTOQ||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.