Car Rental at Luxembourg Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
One of the wealthiest cities on the continent, the co-capital of the European Union is more than just its affluence and political power. Cozy, historical, and with a surprising amount of going on culturally, it is a lovely place to explore, and also offers access to the rest of the country (not to mention nearby France, Germany, and Belgium). These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Luxembourg City:
- National Museum of History and Art. Its acronym might not roll off the tongue too smoothly, but there’s no denying that the MNHA is one of the most interesting museums in all of Luxembourg. Located in the historical Fishmarket neighborhood of the city, the museum is made up of four separate sections dedicated to archaeology, numismatics, fine art, and decorative art. Famous exhibits include Luxembourgish relics from Roman times, as well as works of the country’s finest artists. Visit the museum’s website to learn more.
- Grand Ducal Palace. Literally the most important building in the country, it is the official residence of the Grand Duke and Luxembourg’s royal family. The palace is closed to visitors for most of the year (though even seeing it from outside is nice), but there’s a six-week window every summer when the monarch and his family are on vacation and visitors are permitted; if you’re lucky to visit during this time, tours in English, German, French, and other languages are available.
- National Library of Luxembourg. More than 120 years old, the National Library changed locations in 2019 when it moved to perhaps the most futuristic building in all of the country. Situated on John F. Kennedy Avenue in the Kirchberg neighborhood, it is arguably one of the most photographed tourist landmarks in Luxembourg – and a modern library and research center with plenty to explore.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $41 per day
- Large cars - from $39 per day
- Medium cars - from $28 per day
- Vans - from $85 per day
- Small cars - from $28 per day
- SUVs - from $35 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Paris (381 km / 237 mi). Both classy and inventive, romantic and bustling, the City of Lights has more world-famous landmarks, great restaurants, and thriving art centers than it’s possible to list. The city is full of surprises, but leaves no one disappointed. Do keep in mind that to travel from Luxembourg to Paris or any other of these destinations, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Frankfurt (223 km / 138 mi). Although known for its financial and political might, this Western German metropolis is so much more than just a financial hub. With Europe’s most impressive skyline, beautiful churches, large public gardens, and unique cuisine, the city has lots of things for any traveler to enjoy.
- Geneva (586 km / 346 mi). Another city unjustly more famous for diplomatic acumen than its touristic virtues, Geneva is the second largest city of Switzerland. Those who do travel to this French-speaking destination will be rewarded with the iconic Jet d’Eau fountain, well-preserved old city and easy access to the nearby Alps.
- Metz (72 km / 45 mi). Located just on the other side of the border with Luxembourg, this cozy French city is right at the heart of the picturesque Mosel region. Even if you’re not driving and cannot taste the delicious local wines, visiting wineries is still a great experience, as is visiting the impressive St.-Etienne Cathedral.
- Cologne (204 km / 127 mi). German’s fourth-largest city is rightly famous for its Gothic cathedral, the most-visited landmark in all of the country. But there’s even more, as the city is home to many other impressive religious buildings, unique neighborhoods, and some daring modern architecture.
- Mulhouse (329 km / 204 mi). Located in the French region of Alsace, this industrial city is often overlooked by tourists, but nonetheless has its fair share of attractions. These include impressive National Auto Museum and the City of Train - National Railway Museum, as well as a well-preserved old town.
Luxembourg Airport (LUX)
- IATA: LUX
- ICAO: ELLX
- Name: Luxembourg Airport (LUX)
- Distance from city: 3.1 miles / 5 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Luxembourg Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Luxembourg Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Luxembourg Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Alamo, Europcar, SIXT, Keddy, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Station wagons, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$28 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Alamo||Peugeot 208||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Audi A3||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.