Car Rental at Billund Airport
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Fiat 500 or similar
$21.74 per day
Ford Fiesta or similar
$22.54 per day
Kia Ceed or similar
$23.76 per day
Renault Kadjar or similar
$58.00 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Nissan Qashqai or similar
$62.65 / per day
Audi A4 or similar
$226.71 / per day
BMW 5 Series or similar
$73.05 / per day
Volkswagen Sharan or similar
$160.88 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 17:06 on 2023-03-30. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car rental price
$81.17 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
Speed limit out of town
Acceptable limit of BAC
Average gasoline price
$2.10 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
$2.73 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
$1.96 / 1 liter
Airport Car Rental
Located in the continental, western part of the country, Billund Airport is the busiest in Denmark outside the capital region. Although most tourist visits to the region are dominated by one particular landmark (more about it below), there are at least several good reasons to visit the area — here are three of them:
- Legoland. Such is the popularity of Legoland that many Danes consider the airport to belong primarily to the theme park, not the town of Billund — a theory that is further given strength by the fact that the distance between the airport and the park is less than 3 km (1.6 miles). A complex of entertainment, it includes not just the Legoland itself, but also a Lalandia water park and other attractions.
- Skjern. Although the initial plans to create a national park around the Skjern river basin haven’t materialized as of 2022, the natural beauty of this waterway cannot be denied, and, indeed, an unofficial nature preserve has been created by the local communities. Most of the tourist infrastructure such as wooden paths and hiking trails can be found in the Skjerne Meadows near the village of Skjern, about an hour’s drive northwest of Billund.
- Ribe. Although nowadays only home to around 8,000 people, Ribe has the honor of being the oldest town in Denmark. Largely pedestrian, the city’s well-preserved center is known for its cobblestone streets, as well as landmarks such as the Ribe Castle, Ribe Cathedral, and the Viking Center. Ribe also provides access to the so-called Wadden Sea, a tidal zone of wetlands and a hub of biodiversity, and the nature park of the same name. The drive from Billund to Ribe takes about one hour.
Top international routes
Ryanair, Wizz Air, Danish Air Transport, Atlantic Airways, Norwegian Air Shuttle, and Scandinavian Airlines
The single airport terminal serves all domestic and international flights.
Billund Airport is about 5 km (3.1 mi) northeast of Billund. Båstlundvej, Nordmarksvej, and Granvej are the main roads connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $61 per day
- Station wagons - from $169 per day
- Large cars - from $92 per day
- Medium cars - from $60 per day
- Vans - from $254 per day
- Premium cars - from $186 per day
- Small cars - from $44 per day
- SUVs - from $173 per day
Car rental desks
Some are inside the airport, while others are located off airport and offer free transportation to their facilities. The exact location of your car rental provider's desk will be listed on your Confirmation Voucher.
Services and facilities
You’ll find a cafeteria, a sandwich bar, and other small eateries, as well as convenience stores, gift shops, and a Lego shop. Duty-free outlets are available for passengers leaving the EU. There are also ATMs, currency exchanges, and a nearby hotel. Luggage storage is located across from Café Square and is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to midnight. Billund Airport is equipped for travelers with reduced mobility. Special assistance is also offered, but make sure to contact your airline in advance if you’d like this service.
Nearest gas station
Shell gas station at Grindstedvej 10 can be reached in about seven minutes and is open from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on workdays and from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekends. There are other gas stations near Billund Airport and in the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Copenhagen (267 km / 166 mi)
- Aalborg (205 km / 127 mi)
- Oslo (570 km / 354 mi)
- Aarhus (96 km / 59 mi)
- Hamburg (284 km / 176 mi)
- Amsterdam (735 km / 457 mi)
Billund Airport (BLL)
- IATA: BLL
- ICAO: EKBI
- Name: Billund Airport (BLL)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 3,375,363
- Distance from city: 1.2 miles / 2 km NE of town
- Working hours:
- Phone: +45 7650 5050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 2 Locations near Billund Airport
Car Rental at Aalborg Airport from $22.22 per day156.7 km / 97.4 miles away
Car Rental at Copenhagen Airport from $18.41 per day219.8 km / 136.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Billund Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Billund Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Billund Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Billund Airport is January when prices for an Economy class start from $36.15. You can see that this is 32% cheaper than the yearly average and 49% cheaper than renting a car in July (when rental prices start at $70.44 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are just average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent rental length at Billund Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in July the average rental period is 7 days, while in February, the average rental period is only 4 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Billund Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Billund Airport in August, while they are least likely to to rent in in February.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Keddy, Alamo, SIXT, Hertz, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Medium cars, Small cars, Vans, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$22 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Ford Focus||4||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Citroën C3||5||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Citroen C3||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Honda Jazz||4||1||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Kia Ceed||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Mitsubishi Lancer||4||2||Large cars|
|Alamo||Kia Ceed||4||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.
July 25, 2021
Visited legoland, quite full (monday) and long time wainting in line to ride stuff. Visited Aarhus, very nice town. You can see the botanical garden, the cathedral and the deer forest for free.
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
9.5 / 10
Lowest rated company
8.57 / 10
Total number of reviews
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 8 Suppliers at Billund Airport in 2023
$43 - $159
Passagerterminalen 10, 7190 Billund
$74 - $496
Passagerterminalen 10, 7190 Billund
$22 - $163
$43 - $159
Ankomsthallen Billund Lufthavn, Passagerterminalen Arrival Hall, 7190 Billund
$48 - $156
$23 - $396
$22 - $91
Book and manage your booking on the go