Car Rental at San Francisco Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Unlike any other place, San Francisco is among the most visited cities in the United States. Landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge are recognized all across the world, but the city is also home to unique neighborhoods and a very active cultural and entertainment scene. With that in mind, these are three of San Francisco’s most interesting attractions:
- The Golden Gate Bridge. Although only 1.7 miles long (2.7 km), the Golden Gate Bridge has dominated the imaginations of visitors of the city, as well as artists and filmmakers for decades — it is probably the only bridge in the world that has a Wikipedia article dedicated just to its cultural influence. So if you’ve rented a car in San Francisco, crossing this prominent landmark is the quintessential experience of the city. The bridge connects San Francisco with neighboring Marin County.
- Fisherman's Wharf. Also located in the northern part of the city (and only about a ten-minute drive from the Golden Gate Bridge), the Fisherman’s Wharf neighborhood is probably the most visited neighborhood in the city. Known for its long waterfront and piers, as well as the emblematic streetcars and cable cars, the area is also home to landmarks like the Exploratorium, an interactive science center, as well as the Aquarium of the Bay.
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Located in the busy South-of-Market (or simply SoMa) neighborhood which is just to the south of Fisherman’s Wharf, this is one of the best modern art museums in the country. The relatively small and carefully-curated collection includes works by practically all of the most notable American artists of the 20th century, as well as foreign masters like Matisse and Magritte. Visit the SF MOMA’s official website to learn more.
Top international routes
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Sydney, Australia
- Honolulu, Hawaii
If you are getting to SFO without a car, Bart Rapid Rail has a direct route to the airport. The BART station for the airport is located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal (on the G Gates side).
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $140 per day
- Large cars - from $51 per day
- Medium cars - from $50 per day
- Vans - from $79 per day
- Premium cars - from $83 per day
- Small cars - from $50 per day
- SUVs - from $50 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
There are many other gas stations near the airport. For example, an Arco station is located at the first exit west of Highway 101.
Popular one-way rentals
- Los Angeles (384 mi / 618 km)
- Las Vegas (571 mi / 919 km)
- San Diego (503 mi / 809 km)
- Reno (229 mi / 368 km)
- Oakland (23 mi / 37 km)
- Fresno (188 mi / 302 km)
San Francisco Airport (SFO)
- IATA: SFO
- ICAO: KSFO
- Name: San Francisco Airport (SFO)
- Distance from city: 8 miles / 12.9 km
Top 20 Locations near San Francisco Airport
Car Rental at Oakland Airport from $40.97 per day17.7 km / 11.0 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose Airport from $48.57 per day48.6 km / 30.2 miles away
Car Rental at Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport from $59.19 per day106.1 km / 65.9 miles away
Car Rental at Monterey Airport from $59.19 per day124.1 km / 77.1 miles away
Car Rental at Sacramento International Airport from $48.77 per day137.9 km / 85.7 miles away
Car Rental at Fresno Airport from $45.44 per day253.3 km / 157.4 miles away
270.8 km / 168.3 miles away
Car Rental at Visalia Downtown from $95.20 per day309.5 km / 192.3 miles away
Car Rental at Meadows Field Airport from $79.25 per day383.2 km / 238.1 miles away
Car Rental at Santa Barbara Airport from $46.73 per day421.8 km / 262.1 miles away
Car Rental at North Hollywood Lankershim Blvd from $95.96 per day523.5 km / 325.3 miles away
Car Rental at Burbank Airport from $40.05 per day524.6 km / 326.0 miles away
Car Rental at Los Angeles Airport from $43.16 per day543.2 km / 337.5 miles away
Car Rental in Los Angeles (Downtown) from $74.75 per day543.2 km / 337.5 miles away
Car Rental at Long Beach Airport from $77.31 per day569.1 km / 353.6 miles away
Car Rental at Ontario Airport from $45.93 per day584.8 km / 363.4 miles away
Car Rental at John Wayne Airport from $46.50 per day598.2 km / 371.7 miles away
Car Rental at Palm Springs Airport from $46.50 per day676.6 km / 420.4 miles away
Car Rental at San Diego Airport from $46.38 per day718.9 km / 446.7 miles away
Car Rental at San Diego Cross Border Xpress from $39.75 per day747.6 km / 464.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at San Francisco Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at San Francisco Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at San Francisco Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Dollar, Alamo, Thrifty, SIXT, FOX|
|Popular car categories||Large cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||$50 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Dollar||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
|Dollar||Ford Focus||4||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
|Dollar||Chevrolet Spark||4||2||Small cars|
|FOX||Toyota Camry||4||2||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.