Car Hire at Glasgow Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Busy and modern, Glasgow has been working hard to be recognized as a hub of innovation and culture. Although its charms might be rougher than those of neighboring Edinburgh, the city has plenty of heritage, architecture, and art. There are tens of sights and attractions in Glasgow for visitors to enjoy, but these are three of the most notable:
- Glasgow Science Centre. One of the best of its kind, Glasgow Science Centre is a fun place for all generations to enjoy. Made up of multiple interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and laboratories open for visitors, this is the best place to see, touch, and smell science and invention. The centre also includes the Glasgow Tower, the largest freely-rotating tower in the world.
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. An impressively diverse museum, the Kelvingrove has interesting exhibitions on hundreds of topics. From paintings by world-famous artists like van Gogh and Dali to collections of artefacts from prehistoric civilizations and dinosaur fossils, this is the right place to quench your thirst of knowledge. Located in an impressive baroque building, the museum is inside the park of the same name.
- Riverside Museum. Designed by the famous architect Zaha Hadid and recognized as the European Museum of the Year in 2013, Riverside is one of the most impressive contemporary buildings in the city. Inside, visitors can find locomotives, vehicles, ship models, and interesting collections dedicated to different means of transportation and industry. If you liked Riverside Museum, you might also appreciate the People’s Palace and Winter Gardens, a folk museum dedicated to the roots and history of Glaswegians.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 54 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 54 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 37 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 27 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 61 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Edinburgh (88 km / 55 mi). The capital of Scotland is one of the most picturesque (and most visited) cities in all of the United Kingdom. Attractions include the beautiful Edinburgh Old Town, the National Museum of Scotland, and the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. Many nice beaches are also located within the city limits.
- Prestwick (61 km / 38 mi). A small town best known as the location of the secondary Glasgow Airport, Prestwick nonetheless has its fair share of delights. The attractions include a number of high-quality golf courses, the Shaw Monument, and the St. Nicholas Church.
- Manchester (352 km / 219 mi). Best known as an industrial center and the home of two famous English football teams, Manchester is also a city of science, arts, and culture. Some of the most popular destinations in the city are the impressive Manchester Town Hall, Central Library, and the People's History Museum, as well as famous areas like Chinatown, the Village, and Curry Mile.
- Dublin (404 km / 251 mi). The capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin’s attractions include the St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Dublin City Gallery, Famine Memorial, and Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship Museum. The fastest trip from Edinburgh to Dublin includes taking a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland, so if you plan to travel this way, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you taking a rental car on a boat.
- London Ashford International Railway Station (764 km / 475 mi). The capital of England and the United Kingdom, London is home to such world-famous landmarks as Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, and Trafalgar Square. London is also a foodie’s dream, with delicious cuisine from all over the world widely available in the city.
- Cardiff (639 km / 397 mi). The capital and largest city of Wales, Cardiff is something of a hidden gem among British cities. Its attractions include the 11th century-built Cardiff Castle, the Wales Millennium Center of opera and dance, and St. Fagans National History Museum. After seeing Cardiff, you can visit the nearby Bristol or Swansea, two other interesting travel destinations.
- Middlesbrough (304 km / 189 mi)
- Leicester (505 km / 314 mi)
- Tunbridge Wells (713 km / 443 mi)
- Wellingborough (568 km / 353 mi)
Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- IATA: GLA
- ICAO: EGPF
- Name: Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 98,217
- Passengers (per year): 9,327,193
- Distance from the city centre: 6.8 miles / 11 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0)870 040 0008
Top 20 Destinations around Glasgow Airport
Car Hire at Glasgow Central Railway Station starting at £ 30.56 per day0.9 km / 0.5 miles away
Car Hire at Prestwick Airport starting at £ 24.45 per day43.3 km / 26.9 miles away
Car Hire at Edinburgh Airport starting at £ 9.74 per day57.0 km / 35.4 miles away
Car Hire at Edinburgh Waverley Railway Station starting at £ 14.58 per day68.4 km / 42.5 miles away
Car Hire at Dundee Airport starting at £ 30.21 per day101.7 km / 63.2 miles away
Car Hire at Belfast Cruise Port starting at £ 12.71 per day170.8 km / 106.1 miles away
Car Hire at George Best Belfast City Airport starting at £ 9.51 per day171.1 km / 106.3 miles away
Car Hire at Inverness Railway Station starting at £ 18.78 per day180.6 km / 112.2 miles away
Car Hire at Belfast International Airport starting at £ 9.51 per day181.5 km / 112.8 miles away
Car Hire at Newcastle Airport starting at £ 18.01 per day186.4 km / 115.8 miles away
Car Hire at Inverness Airport starting at £ 35.19 per day188.0 km / 116.8 miles away
Car Hire at Aberdeen Airport starting at £ 12.99 per day196.4 km / 122.0 miles away
Car Hire at Isle of Man Airport starting at £ 29.19 per day198.4 km / 123.3 miles away
Car Hire at Leeds Bradford Airport starting at £ 21.33 per day277.3 km / 172.3 miles away
Car Hire at Holyhead Port starting at £ 23.92 per day283.6 km / 176.2 miles away
Car Hire at Liverpool Airport starting at £ 10.88 per day295.1 km / 183.3 miles away
Car Hire at Manchester Airport starting at £ 15.38 per day306.5 km / 190.4 miles away
Car Hire at Doncaster Sheffield Airport starting at £ 18.00 per day337.9 km / 210.0 miles away
Car Hire at Humberside Airport starting at £ 16.40 per day357.4 km / 222.1 miles away
Car Hire at East Midlands Airport starting at £ 18.61 per day386.6 km / 240.2 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Glasgow Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Glasgow Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Glasgow Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Mondeo STW||5||3||Station wagons|
|SIXT||Peugeot 3008 (2 wheel drive)||5||1||SUVs|