Car Hire at Alghero Fertilia Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
The main settlement of northwestern Sardinia, Alghero is synonymous with a perfect beach holiday. Thousands of visitors travel here every year from all over Europe to enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean coast. Known as the Sardinian Barcelona thanks to its Catalan heritage, the city itself is also a great destination of history, culture, and cuisine. Here are three of the most interesting destinations in and around Alghero:
- Old Town. Quaint and well-preserved, Alghero’s old town is a lovely place to spend some time in. Bordering the sea, it is home to the Gothic Alghero Cathedral, one of the most impressive churches in Sardinia, as well as a number of other beautiful buildings, museums, and places of interest. Only locals with a special permit are allowed to drive cars in the old town, but the area is small enough that you can park nearby and comfortably explore it on foot.
- Necropolis of Anghelu Ruju. Okay, so visiting an ancient burial ground might admittedly not be your first idea when you think of an idyllic Italian holiday by the sea. But if you’re interested in history, this subterranean site can be really fascinating to visit. Predating the Roman Empire, the necropolis has underground paths, caverns, and artefacts like ancient daggers and religious statues, providing an insight into the life and beliefs of a culture that remains very little known even to modern archaeologists. Megalithic structures called nuraghes and prehistoric sites connected to them can actually be found all over the island.
- Asinara National Park. Another attraction with a somewhat scary past, the tiny island of Asinara, which is located just north of the main island, used to be a quarantine location, a First World War prisoner camp, and even a maximum security prison. But don’t be alarmed because ever since it was turned into a national park in 1998, it has been a green spot of total tranquillity. Characterized by long coastal paths, untamed beaches, and a wealth of flora and fauna, it is one of the nicest nature areas around Alghero. Asinara has no permanent human population and is known for its most famous inhabitant, the feral albino donkey. The island can be reached with a taxi boat or a ferry. Most leave from the village of Stintino which is about a 45-minute drive north of Alghero, although some also depart from the nearer, and larger, Porto Torres. You cannot take your hired car with you, but it’s possible to park it near the port and pick it up upon your return.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 28 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 35 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 37 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 29 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 129 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 154 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 19 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 40 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Alghero Fertilia Airport (AHO)
- IATA: AHO
- ICAO: LIEA
- Name: Alghero Fertilia Airport (AHO)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Flights per year: 12,551
- Passengers (per year): 1,677,967
- Distance from the city centre: 5.6 miles / 9 km NNW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Alghero Fertilia Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Alghero Fertilia Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Alghero Fertilia Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Locauto||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Maggiore||Lancia Ypsilon||5||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Viaggiare||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Welcome Cars||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Welcome Cars||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Noleggiare||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|