Car Rental at Pointe a Pitre Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located near the meeting point of Guadeloupe’s two main islands, Pointe-a-Pitre is the Caribbean archipelago’s largest city and its main port of entry for foreign visitors. It is a place with a fascinating and sometimes scary history of colonization, earthquakes, and hurricanes and has plenty of architecture and culture to explore. Its number one virtue is that it provides easy access to the archipelago’s beautiful beaches and nature. Here are three of Guadeloupe’s most interesting attractions:
Mémorial ACTe. One of the largest slavery museums in the world, the ACTe provides an understanding of some of the darkest chapters of Guadeloupean history that are still relevant today (the vast majority of the present-day Guadeloupeans are descendants of people who were brought to the Caribbean by the transatlantic slave trade). Most of the information in the museum is in the island’s official language, French, but audio guides in English are also available. Located next door to the memorial is the Victor Schoelcher Museum which is dedicated to one of the most famous French abolitionists.
Guadeloupe National Park. A large nature reserve in the heart of Basse-Terre island, the national park is characterized by highlands, cloud forests, extremely large trees, waterfalls, and coastal mangrove growths. There is also an abundance of fauna including the endemic Guadeloupean raccoon and black witch moth. The trip from Pointe-a-Pitre takes only about 30 minutes.
Beaches. From busy, developed resorts to relatively untamed stretches of coastline and seriously impressive cliffs, Guadeloupe is best known for its scenic, diverse shoreline. In addition to simply enjoying the sun and sea, Guadeloupe is also a water sports hub and offers some of the most beautiful snorkeling and diving spots on the planet. The highways of the two main islands, Grande Terre and Basse-Terre, follow the coast quite closely, and no spot is more than an hour’s drive away from Pointe-a-Pitre.
Top international routes
- Paris. Although located thousands of kilometers from Europe, Guadeloupe is nonetheless a part of France, and there are strong ties between the island and the mainland. Unsurprisingly, then, the flight between the two is by far the most popular air route of Pointe-a-Pitre Airport.
- Fort-de-France. Like Guadeloupe, Martinique is a Caribbean island that is an Overseas territory of France. There are frequent flights between the two islands that are provided by three different airlines.
- Saint Martin. Another French territory, Saint Martin is the northern, French-speaking part of a small Caribbean island (the south of it is controlled by the Dutch and known as Sint Maarten). The air route to and from this picturesque destination is served by two different airlines.
- Cayenne. Cayenne is the capital of French Guaiana, yet another French Overseas territory. Unlike the aforementioned islands, however, French Guiana is not in the Caribbean; instead it is located in South America and bordered by Brazil and Suriname. The flights between Pointe-a-Pitre and Cayenne are provided by XL Airways.
- Montreal. The second city of Canada, Montreal is also the largest French-speaking place in the Americas. The Guadeloupean community living in Montreal and many Canadians flying to Caribbean for a vacation every year ensures that there is an active air traffic between the two destinations.
- Port-au-Prince. The city of Port-au-Prince is the capital of the French-speaking Caribbean nation of Haiti. Something of an uncharted territory as a tourism destination, Haiti attracts only the most adventurous of travelers. The flights between Pointe-a-Pitre and Port-au-Prince are provided by Air France.
Most popular types of rental car
- Medium cars - from $71 per day
- Vans - from $161 per day
- Small cars - from $54 per day
- SUVs - from $105 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Pointe-à-Pitre Airport (PTP)
- IATA: PTP
- ICAO: TFFR
- Name: Pointe-à-Pitre Airport (PTP)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 30,345
- Passengers (per year): 2,361,198
- Distance from City: 1.9 miles / 3 km NNE of town
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Pointe a Pitre Airport ?
What’s the most popular rental length at Pointe a Pitre Airport ?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Pointe a Pitre Airport ?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AddCar||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Jumbo Car||Renault Twingo||5||1||Small cars|
|Jumbo Car||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|AddCar||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||VW Up||3||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Jumbo Car||Toyota Yaris||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Ford Fiesta||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.