Car Rental at Charleroi Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Also called Brussels-South, Charleroi Airport is actually about an hour’s drive from the Belgian capital. Although Charleroi, itself one of the largest cities in Belgium, enjoys a reputation of being rough around the edges, it has plenty of hidden gems to explore. Better yet, it can also serve as a hub from which to explore Wallonia, the French-speaking part of Belgium. With that in mind, these are three destinations in and around Charleroi:
- Charleroi Museum. Located in Ville Haute (the Upper Town), the area that is home to most notable city landmarks, the Charleroi Museum actually consists of two cultural institutions, the Museum of Fine Arts and the Glass Museum. The former is larger and has several paintings by the surrealist René Magritte, one of the most famous former inhabitants of the city, as well as by several other world-famous masters, and the Glass Museum can be just as interesting to explore. The Charleroi Museum is near several other points of interest like the city’s distinctive Art Deco Town Hall and Saint-Christophe Church.
- Liege. Like many cities in the interior of Belgium, Liege is mainly known for its industrial heritage — but that hasn’t stopped it from reinventing itself as an attractive travel destination. The city is home to eclectic architecture that includes gems like the immense Prince-Bishops' Palace and retro-futuristic Cointe Observatory, as well as attractions like the Archaeoforum (an underground site of three former cathedrals as well as Roman ruins), the Museum of Walloon Life, Museum of Religious Art, an attractive riverfront, and the Aquarium Museum Complex (mostly dedicated to different fields of natural sciences). Liege is 95 km (58 miles) east of Charleroi, a trip that can be made in just over an hour.
- Lille. Another city that mixes industrial legacy with scenic architecture and busy cultural life, Lille is one of the most interesting destinations in northern France. The city’s atmospheric and well-preserved center is home to notable buildings like La Vieille Bourse and Rihour Palace, while Lille’s museums are some of the best in the country. In 2020, Lille was named the World Design Capital. The trip from Charleroi takes about an hour and 20 minutes. Ask your rental car supplier in advance if they permit crossing the border.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $84 per day
- Large cars - from $67 per day
- Medium cars - from $63 per day
- Vans - from $132 per day
- Small cars - from $45 per day
- SUVs - from $92 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Brussels (45 km / 28 mi)
- Amsterdam (266 km / 165 mi)
- Paris (291 km / 181 mi)
- Liege (88 km / 55 mi)
- Rotterdam (204 km / 127 mi)
- Vienna (1,098 km / 682 mi)
Charleroi Airport (CRL)
- IATA: CRL
- ICAO: EBCI
- Name: Charleroi Airport (CRL)
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km
Top 4 Locations near Charleroi Airport
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Charleroi Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Charleroi Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Charleroi Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Thrifty, Keddy, Europcar, SIXT, Hertz|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Large cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$45 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Peugeot 208||4||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Seat Arona||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Nissan Qashqai||5||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||Seat Arona||5||2||Medium cars|
|Hertz||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.