Car Rental in Nevada
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Nevada?
Nevada is a great place for renting a car. From stunning Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam, Reno, and even various nature areas, Nevada is best explored with the freedom of having your own wheels.
Of course, one of the most popular trips to make from Las Vegas is to the Grand Canyon. It's only about a four-and-a-half-hour drive away, but you'll definitely need a car to make it.
One-way Car Rentals in Nevada
Here are the most popular one-way rental options for pickup in Nevada and drop off in another country:
- From Nevada to California - 344 offers from $44.44 per day
- From Nevada to Arizona - 54 offers from $58.49 per day
- From Nevada to Washington - 32 offers from $101.70 per day
- From Nevada to Texas - 27 offers from $96.21 per day
- From Nevada to Utah - 18 offers from $53.81 per day
Top ways to enter Nevada
Las Vegas McCarran Airport: Large and modern, Las Vegas’ main airport is among the 30 busiest in the world.
Reno-Tahoe Airport: This cozy airport mainly serves flights to and from destinations in the Western U.S., although it also has flights to the East Coast and Mexico.
By land: It is possible to rent a car in a neighboring state and then drive to Nevada. Large airports near Nevada include Los Angeles Airport and San Francisco in California and Phoenix Airport in Arizona.
Top cities and places to visit
- Las Vegas: One of the most visited cities in the world, Las Vegas is a casino, show, dining, and clubbing destination like no other.
- Boulder City: Mainly known as the location of Hoover Dam, but you’ll also find amazing skydiving here.
- Reno: Sometimes called “The biggest little city in the world”, Reno also offers countless gambling and entertainment opportunities.
- Lake Tahoe: A popular vacation place near Reno, this area offers relaxation and activities year-round.
- Great Basin National Park: This nature area is known for its impressive cliffs, caves, and mountainous scenery.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Nevada is the Kia Forte, followed by the Toyota Yaris and the Chevrolet Spark.
Nevada is bordered by Oregon, Idaho, California, Utah, and Arizona. Many car rental providers will permit you to pick up a rental car in a neighboring state and later drop it off in Nevada, but there'll be a potentially hefty one-way fee for doing such.
If you use Nu Car Rentals, you'll only be able to travel to California, Utah, and Arizona. With other suppliers, you can drive to all of the surrounding states and most of the states in the western US.
Many suppliers also allow their cars to be taken to Mexico with the purchase of insurance for that country (your car insurance usually doesn't cover you there). If you plan to do this, though, make sure to check with them before you go to pick up the car.
There aren't any toll roads in Nevada. If you plan to travel to California or Utah, you may encounter toll roads or express lanes. See our pages about these states for more information about these and how you can pay the tolls while driving a rental car.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Nevada is Intermediate. Travelers also pick economy and full-size rental cars a lot.
Top driving routes
- Las Vegas - Los Angeles (270 mi / 434 km) Las Vegas may be in the desert, but Los Angeles on the Pacific Coast is less than five hours drive away. The road passes the Mojave National Preserve and the Angeles National Forest.
- Las Vegas - San Francisco (569 mi / 916 km) Another iconic Californian destination, San Francisco and the Bay Area is twice the distance than L.A., but if you’re really ambitious, the distance can still be done in one day.
- Las Vegas - Phoenix (302 mi / 486 km) Heading southeast instead of northwest, Phoenix is just a four and a half drive from Las Vegas and serves as a great base for exploring the otherworldly landscapes of Arizona, as well as a worthy destination in its own right.
Car Rental Prices
- Convertibles - from $114 per day
- Large cars - from $82 per day
- Medium cars - from $77 per day
- Vans - from $132 per day
- Premium cars - from $97 per day
- Small cars - from $67 per day
- SUVs - from $122 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Nevada:
- Compare rates of different rental car suppliers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit in the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Nevada is the cheapest in December when renting a car is about 59% cheaper than the yearly average.
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Nevada?
What’s the average rental length in Nevada?
What's the most popular time of year to rent a car in Nevada?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Ace Rent a car||Nissan Kicks||5||2||SUVs|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai Accent||4||1||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Chrysler Pacifica||4||4||Vans|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Dodge Charger||4||4||Premium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Toyota Camry||4||2||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Toyota Rav4||4||2||SUVs|
|Ace Rent a car||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Mazda 3||5||3||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.