Car Rental at Montevideo Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Montevideo is the southernmost capital of the world, but even apart from this geographical record, it’s a city very much worth visiting. Established in the 18th century, it is notable both for its interesting history and its busy cultural life. Located in the south-central part of Uruguay, it can also serve as a hub for exploring the rest of the country, especially the area along the Rio de la Plata. These are three of Montevideo’s most interesting attractions:
- Old Town. The location of the most notable examples of colonial architecture in Uruguay, Ciudad Vieja will arguably be a highlight of any visit to Montevideo. Attractions include the largest market in the city, Metropolitan Cathedral, Sephardi Synagogue, and the Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity (or simply the English Church).
- Palacio Taranco. Also located in the Old Town, on Zabala Square, the Taranco Palace is a piece of typically French architecture in South America. Designed by the same architects who came up with Arc de Triomphe in Paris, it houses the Museum of Decorative Arts where one can marvel at the masterpieces from artists and cultures all over the world.
- MAPI. Also known by its full name, the Museum of Pre-Columbian and Indigenous Art, MAPI is dedicated to the first inhabitants of Uruguay, their art and culture. In addition to the permanent collections, the museum has a gastronomic focus, so many Uruguayan foods can be tried here. The museum also functions as a cultural space and frequently hosts many interesting events.
Top international routes
- Buenos Aires
- São Paulo
- Panama City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $123 per day
- Medium cars - from $109 per day
- Vans - from $214 per day
- Small cars - from $61 per day
- SUVs - from $260 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Punta Del Este (114 km / 71 mi)
- Colonia del Sacramento (185 km / 115 mi)
- Buenos Aires (297 km / 184 mi)
- Porto Alegre (787 km / 489 mi)
- Cordoba (946 km / 588 mi)
- Rosario (547 km / 340 mi)
Montevideo Airport (MVD)
- IATA: MVD
- ICAO: SUMU
- Name: Montevideo Airport (MVD)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 1,870,853
- Distance from City: 11.2 miles / 18 km E of town
- Phone: +598 2604 0329
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Montevideo Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Montevideo Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Montevideo Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Gol||2||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Kwid Zen 1.0 Hatch||5||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Oroch||4||6||Large cars|
|Keddy||Nissan Versa||4||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen Gol||2||1||Small cars|