Car Hire at Malta Luqa Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Located in the Mediterranean Sea halfway between Italy and Africa, the idyllic island of Malta has long attracted visitors from abroad. Home not only to beautiful beaches but also an incredible culture, it has all the makings for a truly enjoyable holiday. While most of its attractions are located in the capital, Valletta, the island’s small size means that with a rental car, everything is just a short trip away. Here are three other great places on Malta that you should consider visiting:
- Rabat. Although fiercely independent, Malta enjoys a special connection with its much larger neighbour, Italy. The island was part of the Roman Empire, and many relics of those times survive, especially in the historic town of Rabat. There you’ll find the 2,00-year-old ruins of the Domvs Romana structure which also contains a Roman Museum and St. Paul’s Cathedral and catacombs. The latter, while claustrophobic, is one of the most impressive experiences on the island. Home to a special, historic atmosphere that survives to this day, Rabat is just a 30-minute drive from Valletta. The town completely surrounds the walled city of Mdina, the ancient capital of the island.
- Mellieħa. Located on the northern tip of the main island near the neighbouring island of Gozo, Mellieħa is where some of Malta’s most beautiful beaches can be found. Some of the more popular are right in the town, but you can also find relatively more secluded spots by driving up or down the coast from it. Mellieħa is also home to the Għadira Nature Reserve and the Museum of Tuna Fishing which is dedicated to what was historically one of the most important industries of the island. Located about 25 km (16 miles) northwest of Valletta, Mellieħa takes some 40 minutes to reach.
- Paola. Located right next door to the capital, the cosy coastal town of Paola is another popular place to visit. The town boasts the King Christ Basilica and some lovely views of Valletta on the other side of the harbour. Paola’s number one attraction, though, is definitely the Hypogeum. A stunning underground structure that was home to one of the oldest civilizations in Europe, it was built 5-6 thousand years ago. The three levels of underground chambers, labyrinths, and halls are thought to have served a religious purpose. The Hypogeum is also home to a museum which has audio guides in Maltese, English, Italian, French, and other languages. You need to book tickets in advance.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 10 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 9 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 7 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 5 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 19 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 48 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 4 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 10 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
- IATA: MLA
- ICAO: LMML
- Name: Malta Luqa Airport (MLA)
- Distance from the city centre: 3.1 miles / 5 km
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Malta Luqa Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Malta Luqa Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Malta Luqa Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Malta First Car Hire, Sicily By Car, CityGo Rentals, Caracter Rent A Car, Autounion|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, People Carriers|
|Lowest price||£ 4 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||CityGo Rentals|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Hyundai I20||5||2||Small cars|
|CityGo Rentals||Toyota Aygo X||5||3||SUVs|
|Malta First Car Hire||Fiat New 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Malta First Car Hire||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Malta First Car Hire||Citroen C3||5||2||Medium cars|
|Caracter Rent A Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Malta First Car Hire||Hyundai i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Citroen C3||5||2||Medium cars|
|CityGo Rentals||Peugeot 108||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.