Car Hire at Malta Luqa Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Located in the Mediterranean Sea halfway between Italy and Africa, the idyllic island of Malta has long attracted visitors from abroad. Home not only to beautiful beaches but also an incredible culture, it has all the makings for a truly enjoyable holiday. While most of its attractions are located in the capital, Valletta, the island’s small size means that with a rental car, everything is just a short trip away. Here are three other great places on Malta that you should consider visiting:
- Rabat. Although fiercely independent, Malta enjoys a special connection with its much larger neighbour, Italy. The island was part of the Roman Empire, and many relics of those times survive, especially in the historic town of Rabat. There you’ll find the 2,00-year-old ruins of the Domvs Romana structure which also contains a Roman Museum and St. Paul’s Cathedral and catacombs. The latter, while claustrophobic, is one of the most impressive experiences on the island. Home to a special, historic atmosphere that survives to this day, Rabat is just a 30-minute drive from Valletta. The town completely surrounds the walled city of Mdina, the ancient capital of the island.
- Mellieħa. Located on the northern tip of the main island near the neighbouring island of Gozo, Mellieħa is where some of Malta’s most beautiful beaches can be found. Some of the more popular are right in the town, but you can also find relatively more secluded spots by driving up or down the coast from it. Mellieħa is also home to the Għadira Nature Reserve and the Museum of Tuna Fishing which is dedicated to what was historically one of the most important industries of the island. Located about 25 km (16 miles) northwest of Valletta, Mellieħa takes some 40 minutes to reach.
- Paola. Located right next door to the capital, the cosy coastal town of Paola is another popular place to visit. The town boasts the King Christ Basilica and some lovely views of Valletta on the other side of the harbour. Paola’s number one attraction, though, is definitely the Hypogeum. A stunning underground structure that was home to one of the oldest civilizations in Europe, it was built 5-6 thousand years ago. The three levels of underground chambers, labyrinths, and halls are thought to have served a religious purpose. The Hypogeum is also home to a museum which has audio guides in Maltese, English, Italian, French, and other languages. You need to book tickets in advance.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 15 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 17 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 19 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 20 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 34 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 70 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 14 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Malta Luqa Airport (MLA)
- IATA: MLA
- ICAO: LMML
- Name: Malta Luqa Airport (MLA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 42,987
- Passengers (per year): 6,014,548
- Distance from the city centre: 3.1 miles / 5 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: 00356 2124 9600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Malta Luqa Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Malta Luqa Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Malta Luqa Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Optimo Rent||Peugeot 108||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Toyota Aygo||5||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Citroen C3||5||2||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Peugeot 108||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Peugeot 3008||4||4||SUVs|
|Sicily By Car||Citroen Berlingo||5||3||Large cars|
|Optimo Rent||Peugeot 108||4||1||Small cars|