Car Hire at Pula Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
Although the peninsula of Istria is mainly known for its coastline with most British visitors heading straight for one of the Adriatic villages or resorts, the region’s main city, Pula, is also a great destination to visit. Located on the southwestern coast of the peninsula, it has been inhabited since the Neolithic period and consequently offers plenty in terms of architecture, culture, and atmosphere. Here’s our pick of the most interesting places to visit in and around Pula:
- Arena. The main symbol of the city, the Pula Arena is an impressive amphitheatre built by the Romans. Standing in its place since the first century, it’s such an important part of the local heritage that its image was even used on Croatian banknotes. Nowadays a popular tourist attraction — and frequently used as a concert venue — it is best visited in the early hours to avoid the crowds.
- Pula Aquarium. Located inside the impressive Veredula fortress, Pula Aquarium is made up of a number of interesting exhibitions. Visitors can learn about the flora and fauna of the Adriatic sea as well as see exotic fish, reptiles, and mammals from around the world. In addition to the aquarium, there is also a marine turtle sanctuary that can be visited.
- Rovinj. For centuries, Istria has been home to both Croatian and Italian communities, a cohabitation leading to the development of an interesting culture. Even more than in Pula, this can be experienced in the charming town of Rovinj which is officially bilingual and where Italian is the mother tongue of a significant number of locals. Enjoy the local restaurants and the historic city centre, but also pay a visit to the open-air market where you can buy olive oil and seafood from local farmers and fishermen. Located just 35 km (22 miles) from Pula, Rovinj can be reached in about 40 minutes.
- Učka Nature Park. Named after a mountain range in the northeastern part of Istria, Učka is one of the nicest nature areas in the region. Bordered by the picturesque Kvarner Bay, it is famous for its karst formations, hiking trails, and picturesque views. The nature park is only an hour-and-15-minute drive from Pula and can thus be visited as a day trip, but there are also accommodation opportunities inside the park and in the nearby resort town of Opatija.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 79 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 70 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 46 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 180 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 41 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 82 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Dubrovnik (706 km / 439 mi)
- Split (516 km / 320 mi)
- Zagreb (265 km / 165 mi)
- Zadar (392 km / 243 mi)
- Venice (281 km / 174 mi)
- Rijeka (106 km / 66 mi)
Pula Airport (PUY)
- IATA: PUY
- ICAO: LDPL
- Name: Pula Airport (PUY)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 595,812
- Distance from the city centre: 3.7 miles / 6 km NE of town
- Working hours:
- Phone: 38552530105
Top 12 Destinations around Pula Airport
Pula Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.65 per day0.3 km / 0.2 miles away
Porec Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.65 per day44.3 km / 27.5 miles away
Rijeka Delivery within city limits starting at £ 59.76 per day69.6 km / 43.2 miles away
Zadar Delivery within city limits starting at £ 109.56 per day137.2 km / 85.2 miles away
Zadar Port starting at £ 82.67 per day137.7 km / 85.6 miles away
Zadar Airport starting at £ 18.19 per day145.9 km / 90.7 miles away
Zagreb Esplanade Hotel starting at £ 9.27 per day196.3 km / 122.0 miles away
Zagreb Delivery within city limits starting at £ 59.76 per day196.6 km / 122.2 miles away
Zagreb Hotel Slisko starting at £ 23.30 per day197.7 km / 122.8 miles away
Zagreb Airport starting at £ 16.78 per day199.1 km / 123.7 miles away
Split Airport starting at £ 2.40 per day245.0 km / 152.2 miles away
Split Delivery within city limits starting at £ 59.76 per day256.6 km / 159.4 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Pula Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Pula Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Pula Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Avia||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Autowill||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Avia||VW Golf||5||4||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Up||3||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Autowill||Toyota Aygo||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.