Car Rental in Jamaica
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Jamaica?
Jamaica is a great country to explore by car. Most travelers only visit either Montego Bay on one coast or Kingston on the either. Having your own ride will let you to go to them both and pick your favorite, as well as to experience all the diversity that’s in between.
Top ways to enter Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sangster Airport: Serving flights to and from many destinations in The Americas and Europe, this airport is the main entry point for Northern Jamaica.
- Kingston Norman Manley Airport: Named after Jamaican statesman, Kingston Airport serves Jamaica’s capital and hosts flights by around 15 airlines.
Top cities and places to visit
- Kingston: Large and busy, Kingston is home to sites like the National Gallery of Jamaica, the Bob Marley Museum, and the Emancipation Park.
- Montego Bay: Jamaica’s second city has important historic landmarks and beautiful beaches and nature areas in equal parts.
- Negril: The beautiful resort town on the very western tip of Jamaica has perhaps the most stunning sea coast in the whole country.
- Blue Mountains: Majestic yet accessible, Blue Mountains are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to countless flora and fauna species.
- Port Antonio: Located on the eastern part of the island, Port Antonio is not as visited as some other Jamaica’s beach destinations, but can offer stunning rocky beaches, hospitable atmosphere, and the Blue Lagoon cove.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Jamaica is the Suzuki Dzire, followed by the Mazda Demio and the Toyota Yaris.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Jamaica is an Economy, but Compact and Fullsize are also popular.
Top driving routes
- Montego Bay - Kingston (171 km / 106 mi) The route between the country’s two biggest cities can be done in just two and a half hours.
- Kingston - Clarendon (53 km / 33 mi) Clarendon Parish is very close to the capital city, Kingston, and you can also stop by in Spanish Town on the way.
- Montego Bay - Mandeville (114 km / 71 mi) You can drive between these two cities in a couple of hours, but you might want to stop and go on a tour on Black River on the way.
Car Rental Prices
- Large cars - from $76 per day
- Medium cars - from $65 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $110 per day
- Small cars - from $53 per day
- SUVs - from $101 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Jamaica:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Jamaica is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 65% cheaper than the yearly average.
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Jamaica?
What’s the average rental length in Jamaica?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Jamaica?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AddCar||Suzuki Swift||4||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Suzuki Swift||5||1||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Toyota Corolla||4||4||Large cars|
|Alamo||Honda City||4||4||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Large cars|
|SIXT||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|SIXT||Hyundai Accent||5||1||Medium cars|