Car Hire at Budapest Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The capital of Hungary, Budapest is one of Europe’s most impressive cities. These are three of its most notable attractions:
- Castle Hill. Arguably the most visited part of Budapest, Castle Hill is home to some of the city’s most famous landmarks. These include the magnificent Royal Palace, but also the Hungarian National Gallery, Palatinate Crypt, Habsburg Gate, and Fisherman’s Bastion. The hill’s elevation also offers great views of Pest on the other side of the river.
- Belváros. Also known simply as District V, the city centre of Budapest is another popular and attraction-rich part of the Hungarian capital. Take a walk along the Danube promenade, then marvel at landmarks like the magnificent Parliament building or Országház, as well as the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and St. Stephen Basilica. All of the city centre is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Terézváros. Located immediately to the east of Belváros, Teresa Town is another popular area of the city that’s a tiny bit more atmospheric and less busy with tourists than its more famous neighbour. The area is known for its scenic architecture exemplified by landmarks such as the Former Institute of Ballet (also known as Drechsler Palace), Budapest-Nyugati Railway Terminal, and St. Teresa of Avila Church.
- Margaret Island. Accessible by bridges from both Buda and Pest, Margitsziget is one of the most distinct parts of the Hungarian capital. Mainly made up of gardens and landscape parks, it is a great place to go on a long stroll and escape the hustle and bustle of the city centre. Landmarks include the Margaret water tower and Palatinus open-air swimming complex.
Top international routes
- Tel Aviv
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 11 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 10 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 6 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 26 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 65 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 5 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 10 per day
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Szeged (169 km / 105 miles)
- Vienna (275 km / 171 miles)
- Szekesfehervar (93 km / 58 miles)
- Gyor (153 km / 95 miles)
- Bratislava (233 km / 145 miles)
- Ljubljana (492 km / 306 miles)
Budapest Airport (BUD)
- IATA: BUD
- ICAO: LHBP
- Name: Budapest Airport (BUD)
- Distance from the city centre: 9.9 miles / 16 km
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Budapest Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Budapest Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Budapest Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Klass Wagen, Schiller Rent, Flizzr, GreenMotion, Dryyve|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||£ 5 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Klass Wagen|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Klass Wagen||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Peugeot 208||5||1||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Toyota Aygo||3||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Skoda Scala||5||2||Medium cars|
|Klass Wagen||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||SUVs|
|Klass Wagen||Peugeot 2008||5||3||SUVs|
|Klass Wagen||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Klass Wagen||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Schiller Rent||Opel Corsa Hatchback||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.