Car Hire at Sofia Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
An underrated destination, Bulgaria hasn’t yet reached the international tourism profile of its neighbours like Greece or Croatia. Even when travellers do visit the country, they usually go to Varna, Burgas, and the rest of the Black Sea coast. But those who give its inland capital, Sofia, a chance, discover an interesting, dynamic city with a fascinating history, an incredible culture, and beautiful nature all around it. Here are our top destinations in and around it:
- History museums. Bordered by Greece and inhabited since prehistoric times, Bulgaria was home to some of the earliest civilizations in Europe. Peoples like the Thracians and Celts have inhabited it over different periods of time, leaving a lot of fascinating relics and artefacts. Later, the country was part of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. A lot of this heritage can be seen and experienced at Sofia’s different museums. The immense National History Museum is a standout, but history lovers will also appreciate the Ethnographic Museum, the Museum of Natural History, and the Institute of Archaeology.
- Art. Birthplace of the Cyrillic script, Bulgaria has been heavily influenced by the Eastern Orthodox church, with most Bulgarians still adhering to this branch of faith to this day. There are many beautiful Orthodox churches in Sofia, the most famous example being the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Located next door to it is the National Art Gallery, home to an impressive collection of Orthodox paintings and icons. Artworks of classical Bulgarian painters and other artists can be seen here as well. On a more recent note, Sofia is also home to the much-visited Museum of Socialist Art.
- Vitosha. A mountain massif located right next to the capital, Vitosha is a favourite weekend getaway for locals and tourists alike. With its highest peak reaching almost 2,300 meters (7,520 feet), Vitosha is a popular place with climbers and hikers and also has opportunities for skiing and snowboarding in winter. The range’s scenic trails take visitors through historic Bulgarian villages, protected nature, and also near Duhlata Cave, the longest in the country. Located less than an hour’s drive south of the city centre, Vitosha is a must-visit destination.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 14 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 21 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 13 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 33 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 66 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 9 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 46 per day
Car hire desks
Budget, Enterprise, Avis, Add Car (serviced by EasyRent Bulgaria), Sixt, and Alamo have desks only in Terminal 2.
All of the rental companies except for Prestige offer a meet a greet service at the airport. That is, a representative of the company will meet you at the airport and take you to their rental office.
Prestige offers a delivery service, that is, they will deliver the car to the airport for you.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Others coming from the south of the city and returning a car to one of the terminals will find an OMV station along Alexander Malinov Blvd just north of the intersection with Andrey Saharov Street the most convenient. After this station, the road becomes highway-like with no further entrances prior to reaching the airport.
Those coming from the south and returning a car to off-airport locations could exit onto Christopher Columbus Blvd. to reach a Shell station and then continue along that road to the off-airport rental locations.
Popular one-way hires
- Burgas (381km / 236 miles)
- Varna (440km / 273 miles)
- Plovdiv (144km / 89 miles)
- Bucharest (355km / 220 miles)
- Golden Sands(456km / 283 miles)
- Sunny Beach (406km / 252 miles)
Sofia Airport (SOF)
- IATA: SOF
- ICAO: LBSF
- Name: Sofia Airport (SOF)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 57,673
- Passengers (per year): 6,490,096
- Distance from the city centre: 6.2 miles / 10 km E of town
- Phone: +359 (0) 29372211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Destinations around Sofia Airport
Car Hire Sofia Delivery within city limits starting at £ 11.02 per day
Car Hire at Sofia Hotel Balkan starting at £ 13.19 per day1.3 km / 0.8 miles away
Car Hire Pernik Delivery within city limits starting at £ 7.71 per day23.5 km / 14.6 miles away
Car Hire Botevgrad Delivery within city limits starting at £ 13.60 per day45.9 km / 28.5 miles away
Car Hire Borovets Delivery to Hotel starting at £ 16.90 per day53.7 km / 33.3 miles away
Car Hire Blagoevgrad Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.90 per day77.0 km / 47.8 miles away
Car Hire Razlog Delivery within city limits starting at £ 18.88 per day90.9 km / 56.5 miles away
Car Hire Bansko Delivery to Hotel starting at £ 18.88 per day96.5 km / 60.0 miles away
Car Hire Dobrinishte Delivery within city limits starting at £ 18.88 per day99.4 km / 61.8 miles away
Car Hire Pazardzhik Delivery within city limits starting at £ 13.04 per day101.0 km / 62.8 miles away
Car Hire Asenovgrad Delivery within city limits starting at £ 11.72 per day125.7 km / 78.1 miles away
Car Hire Pleven Delivery within city limits starting at £ 18.88 per day132.8 km / 82.5 miles away
Car Hire Plovdiv Delivery to Hotel starting at £ 9.03 per day133.3 km / 82.8 miles away
Car Hire at Plovdiv Airport starting at £ 6.92 per day144.8 km / 90.0 miles away
Car Hire Pamporovo Delivery to Hotel starting at £ 15.68 per day162.8 km / 101.2 miles away
Car Hire Gabrovo Delivery within city limits starting at £ 18.98 per day165.2 km / 102.7 miles away
Car Hire Smolyan Delivery within city limits starting at £ 17.66 per day168.7 km / 104.8 miles away
Car Hire Kazanluk Delivery within city limits starting at £ 17.66 per day170.7 km / 106.1 miles away
Car Hire Veliko Turnovo Delivery within city limits starting at £ 21.05 per day193.2 km / 120.0 miles away
Car Hire Svishtov Delivery within city limits starting at £ 21.71 per day194.8 km / 121.0 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Sofia Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Sofia Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Sofia Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Surprice||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Top Rent A Car||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||3||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i30||5||2||Medium cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||VW Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Skoda Fabia||3||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|