Car Rental in Thailand
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Thailand?
Thailand is a great place to rent a car in. From impressive Bangkok to extensive beaches, jungle tours, and Buddhist temples, getting your own ride is the best way to explore its fascinating diversity.
Top ways to enter Thailand
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport: Bangkok’s main airport is among the 20 busiest in the world. The word “suvarnabhumi” means Land of Gold in Sanskrit.
- Phuket International Airport: Located in the country’s south, Phuket Airport serves flights to and from many destinations in both Asia and Europe.
- Bangkok Don Mueang Airport: Bangkok’s second airport is served by more than 10 different airlines.
Top cities and places to visit
- Bangkok: Thailand’s exciting capital city is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Asia, but still retains its unique character.
- Phuket: Perhaps the most famous Thailand’s beach destination.
- The rest of the South: Even beyond Phuket there’s plenty of excitement in Thailand’s south, be it in other tourist destinations like Krabi and Pattaya or in the jungle tours.
- Chiang Mai: The main city of Thailand’s north is a religious center and a beautiful, serene place.
- Isaan: Undiscovered by most travelers, this northeast region is full of ancient sites, hospitable locals, and interesting influences from its next door neighbors, Cambodia and Laos.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Thailand is the Mitsubishi Mirage, followed by the Nissan Almera and the Toyota Fortuner.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Thailand is a fullsize, although economy and compact are also often picked, especially by travelers who tend to stay in the cities.
Top driving routes
- Phuket - Krabi (159 km / 99 mi) The crescent-like route between the two famous resort towns has many tempting attractions on the way, such as the Ao Phang-nga National Park and the Than Bok Khorani National Park.
- Bangkok - Udon Thani (570 km / 354 mi) The city of Udon Thani, reached in about eight hours by car from Bangkok, has many historic and natural landmarks, and is just a short ride away from neighboring Laos and its capital, Vientiane.
- Bangkok - Phuket (844 km / 524 mi) It is a good idea to break up this route into two or three days, both because of its length and because of many picturesque nature areas near Gulf of Thailand that you’ll find on the way.
Car Rental Prices
- Large cars - from $34 per day
- Medium cars - from $24 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $54 per day
- Small cars - from $19 per day
- SUVs - from $39 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Thailand:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Thailand is the cheapest in May when renting a car is about 33% cheaper than the yearly average and a whopping 62% cheaper than renting a car in November.
Top 15 Most Popular Cities in Thailand
Car Rental in Bangkok from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Chiang Mai from $15.15 per day
Car Rental in Ko Samui from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Khon Kaen from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Krabi from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Surat Thani from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Chiang Rai from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Udon Thani from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Ubon Ratchathani from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Hat Yai, Songkhla from $17.10 per day
Car Rental in Nakhon Phanom from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Buriram from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Pattaya from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Hua Hin from $17.46 per day
Top 19 Most Popular Locations in Thailand
Car Rental at Suvarnabhumi Airport from $15.15 per day
Car Rental at Airport Bangkok Don Muang from $17.46 per day
Car Rental at Phuket Int. Airport from $11.40 per day
Car Rental at Chiang Mai Int. Airport from $15.15 per day
Car Rental at Samui International Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Khon Kaen Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Krabi Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Surat Thani Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Chiang Rai Int. Airport from $17.46 per day
Car Rental at Udon Thani Int. Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Ubon Ratchathani Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Hat Yai International Airport from $17.10 per day
Car Rental at Nakhon Phanom Airport from $17.46 per day
Car Rental at Buriram Airport from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Bangkok (Downtown) from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Pattaya (Downtown) from $17.46 per day
Car Rental in Hua Hin (Downtown) from $17.46 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Thailand?
What’s the average rental length in Thailand?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Thailand?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Keddy||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Nissan Almera||5||1||Small cars|
|yesaway||Nissan Almera||4||2||Medium cars|
|yesaway||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Small cars|
|Europcar||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Nissan Almera||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Mitsubishi Mirage||4||1||Small cars|
|yesaway||Nissan Almera||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 4 Suppliers in Thailand in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email