Car Rental in Malta
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Malta?
Malta is a great place for renting a car. The distances are small, but each city has its unique character and atmosphere. Having your own ride gives you the opportunity to also visit smaller villages and more private beaches all around the island. It’s also possible to take your rental car on a ferry from the main island of Malta to the smaller Gozo and Comino islands.
Top ways to enter Malta
- Malta Airport: Malta Luqa Airport is served by many airlines, including a number of low-cost carriers, that connect it to mainland Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
- By sea: If your car provider permits it, you can take your rental on a ferry. It only takes about 90 minutes to reach Malta from Sicily by boat. You can also conveniently pick up your rental car after you’ve already arrived in Malta.
Top cities and places to visit
- Valletta: Malta’s capital might not have a lot of people living in it, but next to its cozy atmosphere it is also famous for stunning history, architecture, and many religious buildings.
- Gozo Island: The smallest of the two islands making up Malta, Gozo also mixes wonderful sea coast with interesting history. One can find unique natural fetures, such as the Blue Hole and Inland Sea located in San Lawrenz. Unfortunately, the Azure Window collapsed a few years ago in bad weather.
- Cottonera: Made up of three different historic towns, Cottonera is known for its fort, churches, and Maritime Museum.
- Marsaxlokk: The main attraction of this cozy village is the weekly fish market that is still in place every Sunday.
- Rabat: Home to St. Paul’s catacombs and other historic landmarks, Rabat has a timeless feel.
- St. Julians: North of Valletta, St. Julians is packed with hotels, resturants, bars, and clubs. It is also a good place to find boat tours around the islands.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Malta is the Fiat Panda, but the Peugeot 108 and the Ford Fiesta are also popular.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Malta is a Mini, followed by Economy and Compact.
Car Rental Prices
- Convertibles - from $23 per day
- Station wagons - from $31 per day
- Large cars - from $38 per day
- Medium cars - from $33 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $42 per day
- Premium cars - from $88 per day
- Small cars - from $17 per day
- SUVs - from $85 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Malta:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Malta is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 50% cheaper than the yearly average and about 80% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Top 7 Most Popular Cities in Malta
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Malta?
What’s the average rental length in Malta?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Malta?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Optimo Rent||Peugeot 108||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Toyota Aygo||5||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Citroen C3||5||2||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Peugeot 108||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Peugeot 3008||4||4||SUVs|
|Sicily By Car||Citroen Berlingo||5||3||Large cars|
|Surprice||Chevrolet Spark||5||2||Small cars|