Car Hire at Prague Main Railway Station
500+ Trusted Suppliers:
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Skoda Fabia STW or comparable
£ 14.18 per day
Volkswagen Golf or comparable
£ 16.03 per day
Skoda Octavia or comparable
£ 19.85 per day
Fiat 500 or comparable
£ 27.11 per day
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Skoda Kodiaq or comparable
£ 35.90 / per day
VW Transporter or comparable
£ 68.03 / per day
Chevrolet Captiva or comparable
£ 74.80 / per day
Toyota RAV4 or comparable
£ 36.77 / per day
These prices are approximate and depend on the dates of the booking, hire length and type of car. This information was last updated at 18:55 on 2023-03-17.
Why book with us?
As a market leader (see SimilarWeb), we get special offers like contactless pick-ups, great prices, and free upgrades.
World's Leading Car Rental Booking Website in the World Travel Tech Awards (3 years in a row).
A combined rating of 4.5 with 90k total reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, Google, and Review Center.
Have already booked on one of the fastest-growing car rental booking websites.
Average car hire price
£ 36.59 / per day
Average car hire length
Speed limit within city centre
Speed limit out of city centre
Acceptable limit of BAC
Average gasoline price
£ 1.48 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
£ 1.68 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
£ 1.34 / 1 liter
Airport Car Hire
The capital of the Czech Republic, historic Prague beats many Western European capitals both in the number of visitors it receives and things it has to see and do. One of the most scenic and photographed cities in the world, it has an abundance of impressive architecture, atmosphere, and character, as well as active cultural life. These are three of its most interesting attractions:
- Old Town. The beating heart of the city, the Staré město is where many of its most famous landmarks are located. While it would be impossible to list them all, the Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge, Museum of Alchemy, and Convent of Saint Agnes feature on every list of must-see places in Prague. By far the most popular area with tourists, the Old Town can be quite full of people — many visitors seeking to experience it when it’s less crowded wake up early to explore the city before the tourist groups set out.
- Jewish Town. Also part of the Old Town but deserving special mention, Josefov is one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe. Much of Prague’s Jewish community sadly perished during the Holocaust, but its heritage survives through nearly ten synagogues, the Jewish Museum, and the Ceremonial Hall. Josefov was also the birthplace of the world-famous author Franz Kafka, and the Kafka Museum is only about a ten-minute walk from the area on the other side of the Vltava river.
- Prague Castle. Although it is the official residence of the Czech president, parts of the Prague Castle are open for visitors, of whom almost two million visit it every year. More than 1,000 years old, the former abode of dukes and emperors is a vast complex that also includes attractions like the St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George’s Basilica, Golden Lane, and Royal Gardens. As with the old town, try to visit the castle right after it opens as the crowds will be comparatively smaller than at later hours.
Top international routes
- Moscow Airport Sheremetyevo
Czech Airlines, SmartWings, Ryanair, Travel Service, Wizz Air, and Aeroflot
Terminal 1, including Concourses A and B, is used for flights outside the Schengen Area. Terminal 2, including Concourses C and D, is used for flights inside the Schengen Area. The walk between them takes only about ten minutes. Terminals 3 and 4 are used strictly for state visits and private flights.
Prague Airport is about 12 km (7 miles) from the city center. Highway 7, Evropska Street, and Dejvicky tunel are the main roads connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 61 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 70 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 43 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 130 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 43 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 55 per day
Services and facilities
You’ll find a multitude of food kiosks, bars, and restaurants, as well as many shops and duty-free stores. There are also several lounges, a rest area, ATMs, baby care facilities, a children’s play area, a lost and found office, a pharmacy, 24/7 medical service, a post office, multifaith prayer room, showers for departing passengers, and an airport museum. The Rest and Fun Center, located in Terminal 1, is available for transit flyers. A luggage storage service, located in Terminal 2 near the baggage claim area, is open 24/7. The airport is fully accessible to travelers with reduced mobility, and you can request special assistance in advance. You can find more information on the airport's official website.
Nearest petrol station
Shell station, located at Aviatická, 160 00 Praha 6-Ruzyně, can be reached in less than three minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations near Prague Airport.
Popular one-way hires
- Vienna (329 km / 204 mi)
- Munich (376 km / 233 mi)
- Amsterdam (879 km / 546 mi)
- Zurich (677 km / 421 mi)
- Ostrava (368 km / 229 mi)
- Stuttgart (476 km / 296 mi)
Prague Airport (PRG)
- IATA: PRG
- ICAO: LKPR
- Name: Prague Airport (PRG)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 148,283
- Passengers (per year): 15,415,001
- Distance from the city centre: 6.2 miles / 10 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +420-220 113 314
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Prague Main Railway Station?
Our data shows how prices for hiring a car at Prague Main Railway Station fluctuate depending on the time of year. This graph can help you find the best bargain.
Average Price for Hiring a Car at Prague Main Railway Station
The cheapest month to hire a car at Prague Main Railway Station is January with prices starting at £ 21.06 for an Economy class cars. The most expensive month in which to hire a car is August with prices for for a Compact class starting at £ 49.72. The average cost over the course of the entire year is £ 29. You can use this to plan your trip at the time of year when it would be most economical to hire a car. Note that these prices are only average amounts. How long you hire a car for and the time at which you book will influence the prices. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most frequent hire length at Prague Main Railway Station?
Hirers picking up a car at Prague Main Railway Station keep them for an average of 12 days during in July, while those picking up their cars in January keep them for an average of 7.
Average Hire Length at Prague Main Railway Station
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Prague Main Railway Station?
Though Prague Airport is popular for travellers all year long, the month with the highest demand for hire cars is in July. November is the month that sees the lowest demand for hire cars.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||RENT PLUS, NUCarrentals, Carwiz, RightCars, WheeGo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Station wagons, Medium cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||£ 14 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Skoda Fabia STW||4||4||Station wagons|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|RightCars||Skoda Fabia||5||3||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.
Skoda Fabia STW
29 December 2022
6 August 2022
Used car to drive to World Super Bike event in Most and also took in some of the sights outside Prague City.
1 August 2022
wonderful accommodation in Strakonice, and fantastic aeroklub for the parachuting world championships
13 May 2022
25 April 2022
Definitely we are a large family visiting family in Czech republic and need to have a big car around Rent plus are just right there at the airport, friendly staff ready to help
22 April 2022
We had a flight delay and the desk was closed when we got there as only open until 5pm. The Agent actually came back from home to sort our car out
3 December 2021
Very good service, The car was even better than we expected.
9 November 2021
Oh i went home and is easily the best way to get home and have spare car for a week
5 October 2021
Drove from the airport to Liberec to use as a base for a week exploring Northern Czech Republic National parks such as Bohemian Switzerland NP.... and Adrspach Rocks..... Well worth a visit!!
20 February 2021
Car Hire Statistics
Highest rated company
9.38 / 10
Lowest rated company
8.13 / 10
Total number of reviews
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 19 Hire Companies at Prague Main Railway Station in 2023
Aviatická 1092/8, 161 00 Praha 6-Ruzyně
Václav Havel Airport Prague, Aviatická 1092/8
£ 83 - £ 107
Aviaticka 1092/8, 161 00
£ 14 - £ 60
Aviaticka 8, Prague Ruzyne
£ 39 - £ 69
Letiště Václava Havla Praha, 161 08, Prague
£ 15 - £ 217
+420775555372 / +420776051119
Aviatická 1092/8, Praha - Ruzyně, PSČ 161 00
£ 44 - £ 47
+420733532098 / +420468006000
Areal Go Parking, Prague airport, Ke Kopanině 529, 252 67 Tuchoměřice, Czechia
£ 29 - £ 70
Global Rent a Car
+420773833803 / +420725018484
K Letišti 6/1019
+420220113454 / +420777219692
Aviatická 10, 161 08 Praha 6
£ 52 - £ 152
+420222324995 / +420220115347
Václav Havel Airport Prague, Aviatická 1 PARKING C, 160 08 Praha 6
Prague Vaclav Havel Airport
£ 27 - £ 110
Aviaticka 1082/10, 161 00 Praha 6-Ruzyne
£ 14 - £ 205
£ 52 - £ 84
PRAGUE VACLAV HAVEL AIRPORT
£ 49 - £ 152
Book and manage your booking on the go