Car Hire at Toronto Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
The largest city in Canada, Toronto is a true metropolis. Brimming with energy and innovation, the city is home to an interesting history, lovely architecture, fun cultural life, and diverse neighborhoods. Here are three of its most interesting attractions:
- CN Tower. The tallest structure in the world for three whole decades (and still the highest in the Americas), the CN Tower is undoubtedly the main symbol of Toronto. More than 550 meters (1,815 feet) high, the tower offers dizzying views of the city and the rest of Ontario below. A landmark that’s not to be missed, the CN Tower is in Downtown Toronto and can be easily accessed from anywhere in the city.
- Royal Ontario Museum. More than 100 years old and significantly expanded in 2007 via the futuristic Crystal building, Royal Ontario is the largest museum in Canada. With more than 6 million items on display, it would be impossible to list all the museum’s sections and collections; you can explore the museum’s website to have a glance for yourself (and if there’s a topic you’re particularly interested in, you’re likely to find an exhibition dedicated to it). A fascinating place to visit, Royal Ontario Museum is near Queen’s Park and the University of Toronto.
- Niagara Falls. Another symbol of Ontario and the rest of Canada, Niagara Falls are the three impressive waterfalls at the end of Niagara Gorge, on the border with the United States. In addition to the majestic falls themselves, the area is also home to attractions like botanical gardens, the Bird Kingdom aviary, the Butterfly Conservatory, and the Niagara Falls History Museum. During the summer and early autumn months, you can take a cruise to get even closer to the falls. Located about 130 km (80 miles) south of Toronto, Niagara can be reached in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Top international routes
The Candian low-cost airlines WestJet and Sunwing Airlines provide service to and from many destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Carribean.
Most popular types of hire car
- Large cars - starting at £ 25 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 21 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 36 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 57 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 21 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 43 per day
Car hire desks
Ace, Discount, Economy, Europcar, Green Motion, Mex, Nu, Surprice, Swift and Zoom provide shuttle services to their respective locations near the airport. Make sure to leave more time to pick up your car if using one of these companies.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
If renting from Surprice, a Mobil station a block north of Surprice’s location on Highway 27 is convenient to fill up at before dropping off your rental car.
Zoom, which also services a Mex Rent a Car and Nu Car Rentals, is located right next to a Canadian Tire Gast + station. There is also a Husky station across the street.
Green Motion is located further north along the same street (Dixie Road) and is right next to another station, an Esso station in this case.
Finally, Discount and Ace are located very close to the airport across from the Toronto Congress Centre. A Shell station can be found 100 meters to the east along the same road (Dixon Road).
Popular one-way hires
Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- IATA: YYZ
- ICAO: CYYZ
- Name: Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- Flights per year: 465,342
- Passengers (per year): 47,130,358
- Distance from the city centre: 16.8 miles / 27 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Destinations around Toronto Airport
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport starting at £ 81.83 per day5.6 km / 3.5 miles away
Toronto Scarborough starting at £ 43.68 per day16.5 km / 10.3 miles away
Hamilton Airport starting at £ 45.45 per day67.5 km / 41.9 miles away
London International Airport starting at £ 39.20 per day154.9 km / 96.2 miles away
London Railway Station starting at £ 69.86 per day164.5 km / 102.2 miles away
Kingston Airport starting at £ 22.11 per day236.0 km / 146.6 miles away
Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport starting at £ 39.20 per day243.3 km / 151.2 miles away
Windsor International Airport starting at £ 39.20 per day324.8 km / 201.8 miles away
Ottawa Airport starting at £ 15.76 per day351.5 km / 218.4 miles away
Mont-Tremblant International Airport starting at £ 16.34 per day476.6 km / 296.1 miles away
Montreal Airport starting at £ 42.02 per day494.2 km / 307.1 miles away
Quebec City Airport starting at £ 42.02 per day719.4 km / 447.0 miles away
Thunder Bay International Airport starting at £ 36.16 per day924.1 km / 574.2 miles away
Saint John Airport starting at £ 55.02 per day1089.5 km / 677.0 miles away
Greater Moncton International Airport starting at £ 42.02 per day1192.6 km / 741.1 miles away
Halifax Port starting at £ 38.99 per day1266.6 km / 787.1 miles away
Winnipeg Airport starting at £ 42.02 per day1517.4 km / 942.9 miles away
Sydney Airport starting at £ 45.21 per day1548.3 km / 962.0 miles away
Gander International Airport starting at £ 64.19 per day1988.5 km / 1235.6 miles away
Regina International Airport starting at £ 54.88 per day2041.5 km / 1268.5 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Toronto Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Toronto Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Toronto Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Surprice||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Economy rent a car||Honda Civic||4||3||Medium cars|
|Economy rent a car||Toyota Rav4||4||4||SUVs|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Economy rent a car||Toyota Corolla||4||3||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|Zoom Rent A Car||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Jeep Wrangler||4||2||SUVs|
|Surprice||Hyundai Sonata||4||2||Large cars|