Car Hire at Toronto Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The largest city in Canada, Toronto is a true metropolis. Brimming with energy and innovation, the city is home to an interesting history, lovely architecture, fun cultural life, and diverse neighborhoods. Here are three of its most interesting attractions:
- CN Tower. The tallest structure in the world for three whole decades (and still the highest in the Americas), the CN Tower is undoubtedly the main symbol of Toronto. More than 550 meters (1,815 feet) high, the tower offers dizzying views of the city and the rest of Ontario below. A landmark that’s not to be missed, the CN Tower is in Downtown Toronto and can be easily accessed from anywhere in the city.
- Royal Ontario Museum. More than 100 years old and significantly expanded in 2007 via the futuristic Crystal building, Royal Ontario is the largest museum in Canada. With more than 6 million items on display, it would be impossible to list all the museum’s sections and collections; you can explore the museum’s website to have a glance for yourself (and if there’s a topic you’re particularly interested in, you’re likely to find an exhibition dedicated to it). A fascinating place to visit, Royal Ontario Museum is near Queen’s Park and the University of Toronto.
- Niagara Falls. Another symbol of Ontario and the rest of Canada, Niagara Falls are the three impressive waterfalls at the end of Niagara Gorge, on the border with the United States. In addition to the majestic falls themselves, the area is also home to attractions like botanical gardens, the Bird Kingdom aviary, the Butterfly Conservatory, and the Niagara Falls History Museum. During the summer and early autumn months, you can take a cruise to get even closer to the falls. Located about 130 km (80 miles) south of Toronto, Niagara can be reached in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The Candian low-cost airlines WestJet and Sunwing Airlines provide service to and from many destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Carribean.
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 72 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 54 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 29 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 27 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 44 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 42 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 27 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 45 per day
Car hire desks
Ace, Discount, Economy, Europcar, Green Motion, Mex, Nu, Surprice, Swift and Zoom provide shuttle services to their respective locations near the airport. Make sure to leave more time to pick up your car if using one of these companies.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
If renting from Surprice, a Mobil station a block north of Surprice’s location on Highway 27 is convenient to fill up at before dropping off your rental car.
Zoom, which also services a Mex Rent a Car and Nu Car Rentals, is located right next to a Canadian Tire Gast + station. There is also a Husky station across the street.
Green Motion is located further north along the same street (Dixie Road) and is right next to another station, an Esso station in this case.
Finally, Discount and Ace are located very close to the airport across from the Toronto Congress Centre. A Shell station can be found 100 meters to the east along the same road (Dixon Road).
Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- IATA: YYZ
- ICAO: CYYZ
- Name: Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- Distance from the city centre: 16.8 miles / 27 km
Top 5 Destinations around Toronto Airport
29.7 km / 18.5 miles away
Car Hire at Windsor International Airport starting at £ 64.53 per day312.2 km / 194.0 miles away
Car Hire at Quebec City Airport starting at £ 56.18 per day731.5 km / 454.5 miles away
Car Hire at Calgary Airport starting at £ 58.62 per day2689.2 km / 1671.0 miles away
Car Hire at Vancouver Airport starting at £ 44.35 per day3345.5 km / 2078.8 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Toronto Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Toronto Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Toronto Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||City Car & Truck Rentals, Routes Car Rental, Economy rent a car, Surprice, York Car Rental|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars, Medium cars, Small cars|
|Lowest price||£ 27 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||City Car & Truck Rentals|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|City Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|Routes Car Rental||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|City Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|City Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota RAV4||5||3||SUVs|
|Surprice||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|City Car & Truck Rentals||Chrysler Pacifica||5||2||People Carriers|
|Surprice||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Medium cars|
|York Car Rental||Toyota RAV4||5||3||SUVs|
|Routes Car Rental||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.