Car Hire at Toronto Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
The largest city in Canada, Toronto is a true metropolis. Brimming with energy and innovation, the city is home to an interesting history, lovely architecture, fun cultural life, and diverse neighborhoods. Here are three of its most interesting attractions:
- CN Tower. The tallest structure in the world for three whole decades (and still the highest in the Americas), the CN Tower is undoubtedly the main symbol of Toronto. More than 550 meters (1,815 feet) high, the tower offers dizzying views of the city and the rest of Ontario below. A landmark that’s not to be missed, the CN Tower is in Downtown Toronto and can be easily accessed from anywhere in the city.
- Royal Ontario Museum. More than 100 years old and significantly expanded in 2007 via the futuristic Crystal building, Royal Ontario is the largest museum in Canada. With more than 6 million items on display, it would be impossible to list all the museum’s sections and collections; you can explore the museum’s website to have a glance for yourself (and if there’s a topic you’re particularly interested in, you’re likely to find an exhibition dedicated to it). A fascinating place to visit, Royal Ontario Museum is near Queen’s Park and the University of Toronto.
- Niagara Falls. Another symbol of Ontario and the rest of Canada, Niagara Falls are the three impressive waterfalls at the end of Niagara Gorge, on the border with the United States. In addition to the majestic falls themselves, the area is also home to attractions like botanical gardens, the Bird Kingdom aviary, the Butterfly Conservatory, and the Niagara Falls History Museum. During the summer and early autumn months, you can take a cruise to get even closer to the falls. Located about 130 km (80 miles) south of Toronto, Niagara can be reached in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Top international routes
The Candian low-cost airlines WestJet and Sunwing Airlines provide service to and from many destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Carribean.
Most popular types of hire car
- Large cars - starting at £ 151 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 123 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 487 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 218 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 135 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 210 per day
Car hire desks
Ace, Discount, Economy, Europcar, Green Motion, Mex, Nu, Surprice, Swift and Zoom provide shuttle services to their respective locations near the airport. Make sure to leave more time to pick up your car if using one of these companies.
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
If renting from Surprice, a Mobil station a block north of Surprice’s location on Highway 27 is convenient to fill up at before dropping off your rental car.
Zoom, which also services a Mex Rent a Car and Nu Car Rentals, is located right next to a Canadian Tire Gast + station. There is also a Husky station across the street.
Green Motion is located further north along the same street (Dixie Road) and is right next to another station, an Esso station in this case.
Finally, Discount and Ace are located very close to the airport across from the Toronto Congress Centre. A Shell station can be found 100 meters to the east along the same road (Dixon Road).
Popular one-way hires
Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- IATA: YYZ
- ICAO: CYYZ
- Name: Toronto Airport (YYZ)
- Flights per year: 465,342
- Passengers (per year): 47,130,358
- Distance from the city centre: 16.8 miles / 27 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 5 Destinations around Toronto Airport
Toronto Scarborough starting at £ 45.61 per day14.5 km / 9.0 miles away
London Railway Station starting at £ 72.93 per day168.1 km / 104.4 miles away
Windsor International Airport starting at £ 136.76 per day328.3 km / 204.0 miles away
Ottawa Airport starting at £ 80.95 per day348.5 km / 216.5 miles away
Quebec City Airport starting at £ 120.57 per day716.3 km / 445.1 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Toronto Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Toronto Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Toronto Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||1||Large cars|
|Routes Car & Truck Rentals||Nissan Rogue||5||3||SUVs|
|Zoom Rent A Car||Mazda 2||4||1||Medium cars|
|York Car Rental||Hyundai Kona||4||2||Large cars|
|Swift Rent-A-Car||Hyundai Accent||5||2||Small cars|
|York Car Rental||Toyota RAV4||5||3||SUVs|
|York Car Rental||Honda Civic||4||3||Medium cars|
|York Car Rental||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|GreenMotion||Kia Forte||5||2||Large cars|
|Hub Rent a Car||Toyota RAV4||4||3||SUVs|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.