Car Rental in the Seychelles
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in the Seychelles?
Seychelles is a great place to rent a car. Whether you plan to enjoy the many beautiful Indian Ocean beaches, learn about the archipelago’s diverse cultural and religious heritage, explore its fascinating wildlife, or do all of the above, you’re in for an adventure.
Top ways to enter Seychelles
Seychelles Airport: Also known as Pointe Larue Airport after the region in which it is located, it handled 1.2 million travelers in 2019. The airport has flights by around 15 different airlines, connecting it to such varied destinations as South Africa, India, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Located about 10 km (6.2 mi) southeast of Victoria, the capital of Seychelles, the airport can be reached in 15 minutes.
Top cities and places to visit
- Victoria. One of the smallest capitals in the world, Victoria is both a hub for exploring Mahé, the main island of Seychelles and an interesting destination in its own right. Highlights of the capital include the Natural History Museum dedicated to the fascinating flora and fauna of Seychelles, Vinayagar Hindu Temple, a lively central market, and the Victoria Botanical Gardens.
- Le Jardin du Roi Spice Garden. Take a stroll through this lush garden full of spice plants, including cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and many more varieties. Learn about the spice trade of Seychelles at the small museum, have lunch at the fantastic restaurant, and pick up some spices at the shop to take home on your way out.
- Beau Vallon. A lavish resort with picturesque beaches and crystal clear water, Beau Vallon is what most people probably imagine when they think of Seychelles. Famed for its spectacular sunsets, the bay is also one of the country’s snorkeling and diving hubs. Located on the northwestern coast of Mahé, the resort is practically a stone’s throw away from Victoria.
- Nature areas. Despite being the smallest country that is considered part of Africa, tropical Seychelles is very rich in lush rainforest. On Mahé, some good places to enjoy this side of the country are Morne Seychellois National Park and St. Anne National Marine Park. The main natural highlight of the islands, however, is arguably the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve on the neighboring island of Praslin. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is notable for its palm forests and endemic species like twin coconuts and Seychelles black parrots. One of the best things to do in Seychelles is to head to La Digue island, where you can sunbathe at Anse Source d’Argent - often called the ‘most beautiful beach in the world.’
- Find more things to do and places to see in this Seychelles guide.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Seychelles is the Hyundai i10, followed by the Kia Picanto and the Daihatsu Terios.
Driver's license requirements
- Seychelles recognizes valid foreign driver’s licenses from around the world if you’re visiting on a trip that’s shorter than three months and are over 21. If you’re in Seychelles for longer than that period or reside there permanently, you need to acquire a local driver’s license instead; in this case, you also need to carry a Government Occupancy Permit (GOP) with you when driving in the country.
- If your driver’s license is printed in a non-Latin alphabet (Cyrillic, Arabic, etc.), you’ll need an International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Similarly, if your driver’s license doesn’t show your photograph, you might be required to have an IDP.
- Even if you have an IDP, you need to also carry your original driver’s license as you might be asked to show both.
- You must carry your driver’s license, not a copy, with you at all times.
- You need to have had your driver’s license for at least two years.
- Some rental car providers charge a young driver fee for drivers between the ages of 21 and 25 and a senior driver fee for drivers over the age of 65.
- There may be additional requirements depending on the car provider and car category, so make sure to check the rental conditions before booking.
Seychelles is an archipelago and there are no international ferry services, so the only way to leave the country is by an airplane.
Although there are plans to introduce them in the future, there are no toll roads in Seychelles as of April 2023.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $85 per day
- Large cars - from $122 per day
- Medium cars - from $76 per day
- Small cars - from $45 per day
- SUVs - from $62 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Seychelles:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Seychelles is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 22% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 40% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Map of Car Rental Locations
What is the cheapest month to rent a car in the Seychelles?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
What’s the average rental length in the Seychelles?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in the Seychelles?
Car Rental Information
|Car rental locations||10|
|Popular suppliers||Your Sales Hub, Thrifty, Steppe Cars, Absolute Cars, Capricorn Seychelles|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Station wagons, Medium cars|
|Lowest price||$45 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Le Charme Rent a Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Thrifty||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Steppe Cars||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Your Sales Hub||Hyundai Grand i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Your Sales Hub||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Absolute Cars||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Steppe Cars||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Absolute Cars||Hyundai Grand i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Your Sales Hub||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Steppe Cars||Hyundai Grand i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Your Sales Hub||MG ZS||5||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.