Frequently Asked Questions
Confirmation and payments
- Why have I not received confirmation of my booking?
- Will I have to pay for anything when I pick up my rental?
- Why has my payment been declined?
- Can I rent a car if I do not have a credit card?
- What is a Voucher?
- What payment methods are accepted by Discovercars.com?
- How can I pay the remaining amount upon arrival?
Mileage, fuel, and cross-country rentals
Full Coverage, Insurance, and Protection
- What does excess mean?
- How much is the excess of my rental car?
- How can I remove Full Coverage from my booking?
- What happens if my rental car gets damaged?
- What insurance policies does my rental car have?
- Will I have to leave a deposit when I pick up the car?
- What additional coverage can I buy at the car rental counter?
- Why do I have to pay a deposit at the time of pick-up?
- How do I make a claim under Full Coverage?
- What should I do if my car breaks down or I am involved in an accident?
- What is a Collision Damage Waiver?
- What is Theft Protection (TP)?
- When will my security deposit be released?
Fees and Extras
Bookings, modification and cancellation
- How do I update the details of my reservation?
- If I modify my booking, will the price change?
- Am I going to get the exact vehicle that I booked?
- Can I extend my booking?
- Can I return the car later than my original drop-off time?
- Can I pick up the car earlier than originally agreed?
- What happens if my flight is delayed or cancelled?
- Why do I need to provide my flight number?
- How do I cancel my booking? Is there a fee if I need to cancel my reservation?
- What is the maximum period of rental?